Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Trusting God ----- Hold My Heart by Tenth Avenue North

Today this song has really been speaking to me. I've loved this song for a very long time but there are a few times when it just really hits the heart and I can hear the trueness in the singers voice. I encourage you to listen to it. The name of it is Hold My Heart by Tenth Avenue North. I was looking up music for this song and I came across their website. The writers said that they wrote this when they were going through some rough things in their lives. This song is based off of Psalm 13 and like David, they decided to trust in the Lord even when He didn't seem to be there because they know He was. Psalm 13: "How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorry in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and hear me, O Lord my God; enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; lest my enemy say, 'I have prevailed against him'; lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved. But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me."

How long must I pray
Must I pray to You
How long must I wait
Must I wait for You
How long 'till I see Your face
See You shining through

I'm on my knees
Begging You to notice me
I'm on my knees
Father, will You turn to me

One tear in the dropping rain
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the Maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breaking heart
One life is all I am
Right now, I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Would You come close and hold my heart

I've been so afraid
Afraid to close my eyes
So much can slip away
Before I say goodbye
But if there's no other way
I'm done asking why

Cause I'm on my knees
Begging You to turn to me
I'm on my knees
Father, will You run to me

(Chorus)

So many questions without answers
Your promises remain
I can't see but I'll take my chances
To hear You call my name
To hear You call my name

(Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment