Thursday, July 1, 2010

True Love

I challenge you to read this whole thing. :)

1 Corinthians 13

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

This chapter, as you can see, is all about love. Now whenever I always thought of this verse, I always thought of this is how we're supposed to treat other people. Which is 100% correct. However, I never thought about that this is also how I should treat my family. We're around our families all the time so we don't always think to treat them how we would treat our friends. So I want to make this my challenge, and yours if you choose, to treat my family the same way, by being patient, kind, not jealous, not boasting, not being proud, rude, self-seeking, easily angered, or keeping record of wrongs. Not delight in evil but rejoicing in the truth, I'm going to try to always be protecting, trusting, hoping, and persevering. :) I make this my challenge not to only treat my friends and everyone else this way, but also my family. :)

Thanksgiving-
#2: I'm thankful for love. Many people mistake infatuation for love. If you don't know what infatuation means, I encourage you to go look it up. But real love is all of the things listed in the verses above. Nobody's perfect, no one can do all of these things all the time. But God can. God is the only one with the perfect love. And I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that God has perfect love and that He wants us to experience it so much that He gave it to us, by sending Jesus to die on the cross. The most perfect love, the most perfect sacrifice, anyone could EVER give just so we can experience true love with Him. <3 True love DOES exist. <3 It's up to you whether you want to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment