Friday, June 10, 2011

It'll Never Be Goodbye...


*Sigh* parting ways is always a sweet sorrow. It's a sorrow because they aren't in your lives as much and may never be again. It's sweet though because you know that in your different journeys, you each will face new challenges and become better people. No matter where the world may take us, God is always there, changing our lives - forever.

Today was the last day for my friend, Mason. I have gone to school with him since Kindergarten. Him, my friend Kelsie, and I all grew up together. We're like a family. Some people don't understand this concept because in public school, you don't know everyone in your class. Well, at a small Christian school like East Linn, you know everybody's full names, their birthdays, who their parents are, who their siblings are, how long they've gone to East Linn, etc etc.
This blog post is dedicated to my friend and brother, Mason Lee Gregory. He is 16 years old and has gone to East Linn since Kindergarten. Over the years we have fought many times because we're both headstrong. However, we've always gotten over it and have managed to stay friends because we have respect for each other for standing up for what we believe.

Today didn't feel like the last day of school. I can't even picture Mason going anywhere else which is probably why I haven't cried today. It's starting to hit me now though. Mason is what makes our class fun. He is the typical class clown but yet, he's unique. He would always be there if I needed him. If anybody needed him.
I hope and pray that while he goes to a different school next year, he'll never forget the family he has back home at East Linn. He will always be a part of us no matter what. I also pray that he will become closer to God than he ever has before and that he'll really be able to reach out to people.
Mason has so much potential and God is going to use him for great things.


Keep seeking God in all you do, Mason. The rest of us are here praying for you while you start a new journey. We love you and hope to see you soon. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment